Sometimes our morning routines can get a bit out of hand
Some days there is a whole lot of yoga, affirmations and dry body brushing, and some morning we have Pana Chocolate for breakfast. One thing most of The Cleanse Kitchen team does without fail is indulge in a little morning brew… Cold Pressed of course.
Recently we got to thinking about this little habit and we decided to do some further research about the benefits and the downsides to coffee.
But before we do that, lets just put it out there: not all coffee is created equal.
And we know a few people who can’t stand the stuff, but Cold Pressed coffee is pretty different to your regular steaming latte.
Firstly, if you dig coffee:
- Make sure it’s organic as coffee beans are one of the most sprayed crops on this planet
- Check if it is the coffee that doesn’t agree with you, or the dairy (we generally stick to organic almond mylk)
- Steer clear of added sugar, if you want to sweeten it go for honey
Cold Pressed vs regular
We know a few very taleneted baristas who don’t really dig Cold Pressed coffee, and ultimately it’s whatever floats your boat!
But if you don’t dig the taste of regular coffee, you could be into Cold Pressed coffee. Our organic Cold Pressed coffee is organic and partnered with beautiful ingredients like:
- Purified Water
- Medjool Dates
Basically, it’s straight delicious.
Hit us with those beany benefits…
- Studies suggest that coffee consumption can lower the risk of cancer. Sound nuts? Read more here.
- Coffee is jam packed with anti-oxidants
- Some studies suggest that coffee can help improve your memory and reduce the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease and dementia. Read more here.
- Coffee may be protective against type 2 diabetes. Read more here.
- Drinking coffee can help protect against heart failure. Read more here.
Now remember you guys, this is coffee in MODERATION!
Slap us with some hard truths…
- Coffee can wreak havoc with your adrenal system and cause an increased production of the stress hormone cortisol. Read more here.
- Coffee can impact your fertility. Research suggests that the increase of stress hormones produced by coffee can be counter productive when trying to conceive.
- Coffee beans are an extremely heavily sprayed crop
- Coffee can over stimulate and lead to insomnia or abnormal sleeping patterns
All in all…
When it comes to coffee, you have to go with your gut. And our gut says YES, but only in moderation!
The Cleanse Kitchen team xx